Walmart offers a convenient and reliable money transfer service known as Walmart2Walmart. This service allows you to send money to friends and family quickly, whether they are in another state or across the country. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the ins and outs of Walmart to Walmart money transfers.
Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer
Walmart2Walmart is an easy and cost-effective way to send money to someone you know. Here’s how it works:
- Visit a Walmart Store: To initiate a Walmart to Walmart money transfer, you’ll need to visit a local Walmart store. You can locate the nearest store using Walmart’s Store Locator.
- Complete a Form: At the customer service or MoneyCenter counter, ask for a Walmart2Walmart money transfer form. Fill out the form with the required information. You’ll need to provide your details, the recipient’s information, and the amount you wish to send.
- Pay the Transfer Amount: After completing the form, you will need to pay the transfer amount, including any associated fees, to the Walmart associate. Walmart accepts cash or a debit card for this purpose.
- Get a Reference Number: Once you’ve made the payment, you’ll receive a reference number. This number is crucial for tracking and claiming the transfer.
- Share the Reference Number: Share the reference number with your recipient. They will need this number to claim the money.
- Recipient Picks Up the Money: The recipient can visit any Walmart store, provide the reference number, and pick up the funds from the MoneyCenter.
Walmart Money Transfer Fees
Walmart money transfer fees vary depending on the amount of money being transferred and the type of transfer.
Walmart to Walmart money transfers
- $8 for transfers up to $500
- $16 for transfers over $500
Walmart to bank account transfers
- $4 for transfers up to $250
- $8 for transfers over $250
Walmart to mobile wallet transfers
- $2 for transfers up to $250
- $4 for transfers over $250
Walmart to international money transfers
- Fees vary depending on the country and the amount of money being transferred
Walmart money order fees
- $0.69 for money orders under $1,000
- $1.19 for money orders over $1,000
Walmart bill pay fees
- $0.50 per bill paid online
- $1.50 per bill paid in-store
Walmart check cashing fees
- $4 for checks up to $500
- $8 for checks over $500
Walmart Money Transfer Limits
Walmart sets certain limits on the amount of money that can be transferred through Walmart2Walmart:
- The maximum amount you can send in one transaction is typically $2,500.
- The daily limit for sending money is usually $6,000.
- The maximum amount you can send to a recipient within 30 days is generally $6,000.
- Keep in mind that these limits can vary by location, so it’s advisable to verify the specific limits at your local Walmart.
Walmart Money Transfer Requirements
To use the Walmart2Walmart service, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be 18 years or older to initiate a transfer.
- You will need a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Both the sender and recipient must provide their contact information.
- It’s essential to complete the transfer form accurately and provide the reference number to the recipient.
Walmart to Walmart money transfers provide an easy and affordable way to send money to your loved ones. Whether you need to help out a family member, cover unexpected expenses, or send a gift, this service is a reliable option.
Keep in mind that transfer fees and limits can vary, so be sure to check with your local Walmart for the most current information before sending money.