Walmart is a retail giant known for its commitment to offering customers value for their money. One of the ways it achieves this is through its price match policy, which ensures you get the best deal when shopping at their stores.
In this article, we will delve into the details of Walmart’s price match policy, how it works, who it applies to, and how to take advantage of it.
Walmart Price Match Policy
Walmart’s price match policy allows customers to request a price match on eligible items purchased in-store or on Walmart.com. Here are the key aspects of the policy:
- Eligible Items: Walmart’s price match policy applies to identical, in-stock items from local competitors and select online retailers. The items must be exact matches, including brand, model, size, and quantity.
- Competitor’s Price: To qualify for a price match, the competing product must have a valid and current advertised price. Walmart won’t match prices from clearance sales, closeout sales, marketplace items, or any pricing that requires membership or subscription fees.
- Local Competitors: Price matching is available for items purchased at Walmart stores against local brick-and-mortar competitors’ prices. This applies to products available within the same local market area.
- Online Competitors: Walmart also offers price matching against select online retailers, including Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, and Target.com. Price matches for online competitors must follow specific guidelines (see below).
- How to Request a Price Match: To request a price match at a Walmart store, show the local competitor’s current ad or the price on your mobile device to the cashier at the time of purchase. For online price matches, contact Walmart Customer Care before or after placing your order. They’ll initiate the process and apply the price difference to your account.
Walmart Price Match Guarantee
Walmart is committed to providing the best prices to its customers. As part of its price match guarantee:
- If you find an eligible product at a local competitor with a lower price, Walmart will match it.
- If you find an eligible product on Walmart.com priced lower than what you paid, Walmart will refund the difference.
- For online competitors, Walmart will match prices at the time of purchase or for a limited time afterward.
Walmart Price Match Competitors
Walmart’s price match policy competes with some of the most popular retailers, both in-store and online. Here are some of the major competitors that Walmart price matches:
Please note that Walmart reserves the right to update its list of eligible online competitors, so it’s a good idea to check their website for the latest information.
How to Get a Price Match at Walmart
To request a price match at Walmart, follow these steps:
In-Store Price Match:
- Bring the local competitor’s current ad or show the price on your mobile device.
- Present the ad or device to the cashier at the time of purchase.
Online Price Match:
- Contact Walmart Customer Care before or after placing your order.
- Provide details of the item, the competitor’s price, and a link to the competitor’s webpage displaying the price.
Walmart Price Match on Online Orders
Walmart’s online price match policy allows you to request a price match before or after placing an order online. The process involves contacting Walmart Customer Care. They will initiate the price match and apply the difference to your account or refund it, depending on the specific circumstances.
Walmart’s price match policy is a powerful tool for shoppers looking to maximize their savings. By offering to match the prices of local competitors and select online retailers, Walmart ensures you get the best deal possible.
If you discover a lower price for an eligible item, whether it’s in a competitor’s ad or on Walmart.com itself, take advantage of their price match guarantee to save money on your purchases. It’s a testament to Walmart’s commitment to providing value and excellent service to its customers.